Genosys DermaFix Pen
A NEW CONCEPT TO INDUCE COLLAGEN NATURALLY WITHIN YOUR SKIN.
Skin Conditions Treated
- Acne scars
- Surgical & burn scars
- Sun damaged
- Crow’s feet
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Enlarged pores
- Uneven skin texture
About the treatment
The basic premise behind “micro needling” is to stimulate the production of new collagen by needling the skin. Taking advantage of the skin’s ability to heal itself, microneedling causes micro-injuries to the epidermis, which signals the body to produce collagen to remodel the damaged area which in effect rejuvenates the skin making your skin look younger and fresher.
With micro needling becoming a well-known term nowadays and also a treatment that is gaining increased popularity each year we would like to give you all the info you need when researching one of the best skin rejuvenation treatments on the market. As The Laser and Skin Clinic is a medical led skin clinic this allows us to offer our clients Rejuvapen and Dermapen Microneedling, the latest development in advanced medical micro needling which can achieve superior results for clients with specific skin concerns.
More advanced than traditional micro needling devices such as derma roller, Rejuvapen is an electronically powered microneedling pen designed so that multiple needles can vertically pierce the skin to enhance rejuvenation results by prompting the skin to produce more collagen and elastin, giving amazing anti-ageing benefits.
How does the DermaFix pen work?
DermaFix is a hand held device about the size of a pen. It has a piece that is inserted into the top of the device, and this piece contains needles, which penetrate the skin at different levels depending on initial skin concerns or the depth of scarring. This micro injury prompts the skin to heal and repair itself, and causes new collagen and elastin to form while helping the breakdown of old collagen. This leads to smoother, more refined skin and a visible reduction of fine lines and acne scars due to the skin tightening and remodeling effects of Rejuvapen micro needling treatment.
Benefits of Medical micro needling
- Safe for all skin types
- Effective anti-ageing treatment
- More advanced than derma roller
- Proven treatment for acne scars
- Minimal downtime
- Alternative to laser treatment
- Suitable for delicate areas like under the eyes
How does it work? Does it really work?
As the Genosys Dermafix treats your skin, it creates micro-point punctures in the skin. This is perceived by the body as damage, which stimulates the release of growth factors that trigger the production of collagen and elastin. Your skin reacts to any injury by initiating the healing process. Your skin normally assumes that scars and wrinkles are repaired, but with micro needling treatments, the skin is tricked into repairing itself and to produce more collagen and elastin.
The process of micro needling skin remodelling can go on for months after each microneedling treatment. Results can be seen within a week to a few months. Your skin naturally heals itself every 45 days, so with microneedling stimulation changes can be dramatic and fast.
Why do I need collagen in my skin?
Collagen is a protein that your own body produces. One of the most well-known benefits of collagen is its ability to promote glowing, vibrant skin. This essential protein provides elasticity to the skin, helping it to appear more youthful and healthy. But as you get older and collagen production declines, fine lines, loose skin, wrinkles and dryness can occur.
How long is a treatment?
It will normally take up to 60 minutes. The treatment is finished with a soothing and hydrating mask.
How quickly are results visible?
Visible results of skin rejuvenation are generally seen after just 6-8 weeks following procedure and improve further over time.
What are the results? How many treatments are required?
A single treatment can produce noticeable results, however a course of 2–6 treatments spaced 3 weeks apart is often recommended to achieve optimum results.
The specific number of sessions required will depend on the area being treated and the severity of the indication, as well as the level of natural response from the individual’s body.
Can DermaFix treat all skin types?
Yes! All skin types can be safely and successfully treated with Dermafix microneedling.
Is the treatment safe?
Medical micro needling is extremely safe for all skin types. Skin needling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile Rejuvapen needle head.
Micro-needling pen compare to Microneedling roller
- More precise
- Customised treatment with adjustable speed & length
- Less epidermal damage, so less/no down time
- Less side effects
- Virtually no pain
- Safe for all skin types
- Fast, visible results
What can I expect after my treatment?
After treatment your skin will be red and flushed in appearance, comparable to mild sunburn. You will also experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch on the treated area but this will diminish greatly after a few hours. After 3-5 days, there is barely any evidence that the procedure has taken place. Allow time off if required. Your skin may also appear more dry than normal with mild flakiness for the 7-14 days.
Can Dermafix treat acne scars?
Absolutely, Dermafix pen is one of the most highly regarded treatments for all types of scarring such as acne scars, wound and hypertrophic scarring. Depending on the type of scarring, we often recommend a course of treatments to achieve the best results.
Does it hurt?
That depends very much on the depth of penetration. If the treatment is being done for just general rejeventation then the dept of penetration is quite shallow so there is little or no discomfort at all. If we are treating deeper lines and wrinkles or pitted acne scars then it can feel a little more uncomfortable, but that is uncomfortable, not painful.
After The Procedure
Your body will start to naturally regenerate and repair the skin, working below the surface in the dermis. This takes time as new collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced.
It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a natural and long lasting enhancement.
Recovery may take 24 hours or up to a few days; most people should however be able to return to work the following day.
What are the benefits of DermaFix pen?
- Precision: The precision of the DermaFix pen minimises the effect of the treatment on the tissues surrounding the treatment area much more so than the original system. Round areas, like those around the eyes, nose and upper lip, are harder to treat with the dermal roller, whereas the DermaFix pen narrower hand piece can easily treat these areas.
- Adjustable Speed & Length: DermaFix pen’s sterile, disposable needle tips are adjustable to cater to different areas of the face that require different penetration levels for the best results.
- Minimal Downtime: Traditionally skin needling has been performed with a Derma roller. While effective in it’s old form, the needles would penetrate the skin at an angle causing more side effects and therefore greater recovery time.
- Less Skin Damage: DermaFix pen penetrates the skin from up to 100 times per second with an adjustable speed. The needles in the DermaFix pen penetrate the skin vertically, minimising skin damage, pain and recovery time.
- Safe for all skin types
- Fast: visible results for acne scarring and fine lines
- An effective alternative to laser resurfacing
Am I Suitable for MicroNeedling?
Medical micro-needling is suitable for most skin types: Dry, dehydrated skin, Poor elasticity, Wrinkles, Fatigue, sagging, Sun damage (photoaging), Large pores, Scars and Uneven pigmentation.
It is not suitable for patients who have:
– used Roaccutane within the last 3 months
– open wounds, cuts or abrasions to the skin
– had radiation treatment within the last year
– a current outbreak of herpes simplex (cold sores)
– any other infection or chronic skin condition in the area to be treated
– areas of the skin that are numb or lack sensation
– are pregnant or breast feeding
– a history of keloid or hypertrophic scars or poor wound healing